Be A Speaker
We’re always looking for thought leaders, innovators and risk takers to share their ideas and talents with our community and beyond. If you are interested in taking the stage at TEDxFargo as a speaker or performer, we’d love to hear from you. If you know someone else that has a great idea or talent to share, we encourage you to tell us about them too. Below are the guidelines and details on the different options for how to get in the running to be considered to give a talk or be a performer at TEDxFargo. For more information on what is a TEDx talk, click here.
Participate in an in-person TEDxFargo Open Mic
- October 22, 2019 | 7:00pm
- Location: The Prairie Den // 122 1/2 Broadway N Fargo, ND
- Sign up here
- March 19, 2020 | 7:00pm
- Location: TBD
Participate in an online TEDxFargo Open Mic
- Submissions accepted:
- December 1-20th, 2019 (STUDENT ONLY Open Mic)
- March 1-19th, 2020
Open Mic Guidelines
- Each person will have a maximum time of 3 minutes to share their idea or give a performance
- No slides or videos may be used
- Simple props are allowed
- Only one idea may be pitched
- Walk-ins are available if space and time available
- Pre-registered participants will get first priority
What is a speaker? An individual who presents a great, well-formed idea, demo, or discovery to an audience.
What is a performer? A group or individual who chooses to share their talent/vision with an audience through music, puppetry, dance, poetry, or other forms of artistic expression.
For more information on what is a TEDx talk, click here.
What is a TEDxFargo Open Mic?
TEDxFargo hosts Open Mic events where individuals are given the opportunity to pitch their best ideas or showcase their talents for a chance to take the stage at TEDxFargo 2020. Speaker curation team members will be onsite to listen and may select one or more ideas for further exploration.